(How to) Flash a Nokia Mobilephone by PC using Phoenix and Navifirm

UPDATE - Please note that the updated post on this topic is here. So if the below given method does not work for you, refer to the new tutorial.

WARNING: Phone flashing is a double-edged sword; it may be useful and dangerous at the same time. It may brick/damage your phone for good (if not done carefully), so please DO NOT flash your device if you don’t know what the hell flashing a phone means

In this post I will explain the use of Phoenix (Nokia Service Software) to flash a normal (not dead) Nokia mobile (taking Nokia N8 as an example). Flashing means re-installing phones firmware (Operating system) files. There are many situations when it becomes necessary to flash a mobile deletion/corruption of system files, phone is dead/bricked

Rest of the content is locked, please like and share this post to instantly unlock the whole site… If page does not refresh and unlock after liking then please reload it manually
Ads by Google
Find Fulfillment - in Jesus! - m.godlife.com/Jesus

, , ,

14 Responses to (How to) Flash a Nokia Mobilephone by PC using Phoenix and Navifirm

1. Shoaib Siddiqui May 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM #

Try running Phoenix in compatibility mode (Right click on the app icon – Properties – Compatibility – Tick/Check “Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or 2) – Click “Apply” and then OK). Make sure ur phone is connected properly via data cable (select PC Suite mode). Tell me if this solves ur problem…

2. ALONG August 26, 2011 at 2:35 PM #

heyo bro, the problems is my nokia 5220 hangs at start up… doesnt go further… so cannot view the phone version product and type. pls help

• Shoaib Siddiqui August 27, 2011 at 5:22 AM #

all this info is also there at the sticker below battery. See there…

3. Joshua Delta August 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM #

Hey, Navifirm is giving me an error that says:

“An error occurred when attempting to connect to the update server.

[WebException]
    The undelying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.”

Does anyone knows how to solve this??

• Shoaib Siddiqui August 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM #

Dear sometimes Navifirm gives this error due to Nokia Software server problem. Clear the local cache in Navifirm and try again after some time. It should solve your problem…

4. Emekhar May 31, 2012 at 7:25 AM #

when i try installing phoenix my antivirus detects a file (adlob) as threat.
    it still installs but says install nokia dongle and start again. how can i fix this?

• Shoaib Siddiqui May 31, 2012 at 11:57 PM #

Its a false alarm so disable your antivirus and install Phoenix once again to avoid Dongle error

5. Sabbir Ahmed October 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM #

Hi bro,
    What if my product code is not in variants list???? Which one should i select??
    confused!!!!

6. flash November 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM #

man you gotta help me please,,, i find it difficult to install navifirm….. Error ”install .netframework” after installing .netframe, it sometimes pop up another problem, and i really need that navifirm tbh!! Pls how can i install navifirm without errors… I use win xp

7. emy December 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM #

Hi,

I have E72 and firmware 053.001 which I am having some problems with it. Ovi suite says that is up to date, but is not, the latest one is 091.003.
    I know that the operator stopped supporting it. In variants window I can see my product code when i chose 053.001 firmware, from there down I can not see the it. So what have I chose from variants is I want to update to the latest firmware?
    I red that I have to debrand it first to be able to get the latest firmware.
    I do not know how.
    Any help is welcome.

• Shoaib Siddiqui December 25, 2012 at 3:26 PM #

You can flash another firmware of the same variant on your phone (no debranding required) but it is risky as this may brick the phone. So if you can take some risk then go ahead.

8. Danner August 31, 2014 at 5:35 AM #

Hi, I have a Nokia 5220 XpressMusic Red wih the code 0568500, It’s a Orange relese. So I would like to flash it with another Nokia 5220 Red firmware (0563666). So do you think this can brick my phone or not?
    Cheers

• Shoaib Siddiqui September 2, 2014 at 1:35 AM #

Yes you can flash this firmware as long as it belongs to the same RM (i.e. your phone’s RM)