Update (Feb. 2013) – From some reader’s feedback it appears that following method is not working anymore in Nokia 808PureView with firmware version 113.10.1507 onwards. I will cross check it with some of my friends having 808 and will update the post soon. Please do share your experience with the method to help the thread.
After updating to Belle Feature Pack 2 (via Nokia Suite), many DiGi-PASSION readers have reported that the current Symbian Belle hacking methods are not working in their phones (Nokia 603, 700, 701, 808) giving “component built-in” error. So, in this post, I am describing a new hack/jailbreak specific to Nokia Belle FP2 phones only. Similar to other older hacks this method is also based on ROM Patcher+ and basic mechanism is also the same viz. inserting ROM Patcher driver files inside C:/sys/bin using an antivirus/security app. However in this method Safe Manager app is used instead of Norton/Trend Micro. Safe Manager is a powerful, multi-utility application for Symbian (in Chinese) which also has a File Manager, capable of full system read/write access. This feature is utilized to insert certain patch files inside specific system folders. Now there are two somewhat different methods to hack the phone (in the sequence of preference) as described below –
1. Download this zip file and extract its contents. Install BelleFP2_hack_digipassion.sis in your phone (ignore all warnings and continue with installation). Safe Manager will launch itself after installation (launch from menu if not), select No at all the three prompts.
2. At the main interface of Safe Manager go to “Other/FileMgr”. Now via its file manager go to E:/FP2hack. Open FP2hack folder, there will be a file named “updatedswicertstore.dat”, copy this file and paste inside C:/resource/swicertstore/dat folder (via options/insert, confirm replace if prompted). Create this path if it does not exist. When done go back to the main interface of Safe Manager. Now go to options and select “Stop” from the popup menu, select yes at “Stop all services” prompt then exit Safe Manager. You can uninstall Safe Manager now as it is no longer needed.
3. Now install ROMPatcher3.1_FP2.sisx (present in the zip file contents). After installation run ROMPatcher+ from phone menu and apply all patches, exit ROMPatcher and enjoy installing any unsigned app/game!
If above method does not work for you then follow the steps given below
1. Download this zip file and extract its contents. Install BelleFP2_hack_digipassion.sis in your phone. After installation Safe Manager will launch automatically, select “No” at all the three prompts.
2. Go to “Other/FileMgr” and go to the extracted files (in Step 1). Open ROMPatcher drivers folder, there are three .ldd files in this folder. Copy all the three files one by one and paste/insert inside C:/sys/bin folder. After copying all the three files, go back to the main interface of Safe Manager. Now go to options and select “Stop” from the popup menu, select yes at “Stop all services” prompt then exit Safe Manager. You can uninstall Safe Manager now as it is no longer needed.
3. Now install ROMPatcher+3.1_FP2_Lite.sisx in phone (present in the extracted files in Step 1). After installation launch ROMPatcher+ from menu and apply all patches to install unsigned apps and full system access.
Note – The ROMPatcher+v3.1 given above is a new version specific to Nokia Belle FP2 firmwares only (thanks to Marco Bellino at symbian-toys.com). So it is not recommended to use the above methods to hack older Symbian (Belle/Belle Refresh/Belle FP1) phones. You can safely hack these older firmwares via methods described in following posts