It’s a pity that even latest Symbian (Belle FP2) phones can’t stream YouTube videos in high (or HD) quality. When a YouTube link is clicked in Symbian web browser (or 3rd party browser like Opera Mini) the default video player streams video in an irritatingly low quality. This is due to the old flashlite version built in the OS. Fortunately there are some third party apps which can solve this issue. Besides streaming videos in high quality most of these apps also have the option to download YouTube videos in different resolutions and formats. Here I am listing these applications to improve YouTube experience in your Symbian^3/Belle/Belle FP2 device –
1. CuteTube – CuteTube is perhaps the best and most feature rich YouTube video streamer/downloader (Qt) app available for Symbian OS. It has a beautiful interface and a host of options to choose from. Besides YouTube, CuteTube also supports Dailymotion video streaming and downloading.
2. FastTube – Another very good YouTube video player/downloader app for Symbian. There are many options (search, sort videos by categories, play and download in Low, High or HD resolution etc). Install free from Nokia (Ovi) Store.
3. YouTube Downloader Pro (by KM Soft) – Another good YT player/downloader app. Besides all the usual stuff you can also download only audio (in MP3) from videos.
4. YouTube Downloader (by Pico Brothers) – A simple, no-frill YT downloader
5. YouTube HD
7. Little YouTube Downloader – A new Java app from Littlebitsoft. Its somewhat difficult to use as of now having a simple UI and hard to find options.
8. YouTube Ringtone (Unsigned)
These apps are compatible with all Symbian^3/Belle phones (Nokia 808, 603, 701, 500, N8, C7, E7 etc). I have collected all of the above apps (except FastTube) for you and compressed in a single zip file which can be downloaded from here. One more thing, besides above eight, I have also included official YouTube app in the zip file in case……you want it