Update (2017) – This post has been updated and moved to this new post
Please refer to the new post.
There are many scenarios when this type of flashing is required like for example –
- When the phone is bricked (not starting up/white screen/stuck at Nokia logo/BSOD/only vibrates at power on) due to corrupt system files etc
- Previous attempt of flashing or software update was interrupted or failed (due to low battery/data cable disconnection/computer hanged etc) resulting in a dead phone
- Hard reset (three-key format method) is not working to revive the phone
- Phone is in “Restart loop” (restarting again and again) and hard reset is not working
- Normal flashing is not working (when the phone is on)…………………………………..for full updated content on this topic please refer to the new post (link given above).