This post brought to you by DISH. All opinions are 100% mine.
Just like most things in life the good old TV has also become smart and mobile today. With an ever increasing number of multimedia devices (smartphones, tablets, notebooks, desktop computers etc) in average American home, TV transmission is not supposed to be watched on just two or three TV sets at a predefined place. Thus the demand of watching TV anywhere (on the go) is increasing.
Considering all this, DISH has introduced Hopper – the Whole Home HD DVR system. DISH is a leader in satellite TV, providing subscribers with the highest-quality programming and cutting-edge technology designed with consumers in mind, all at the best value.
Hopper from DISH
Hopper is a revolutionary service which changes the way you watch TV. You can watch your favorite shows live anywhere (in home at your TV or computer, at your smartphone or tablet on the go) or record them to watch later. Only the Hopper lets you watch live and recorded TV anywhere and instantly skip commercials in recorded primetime TV on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC. Moreover you can record 6 different shows simultaneously during primetime and store up to 2,000 hours of your favorite shows. Which means you will never miss any action even if you are away from home.
Salient features of Hopper
1. DISH Anywhere™ – Don’t miss watching your favorite show or team playing by transforming your smartphone, tablet or computer into a portable TV. With the DISH Anywhere app (available for iOS and Android) and www.dishanywhere.com portal, registered users can enjoy watching live and recorded TV (including live sporting events, TV shows and movies) anytime, anywhere. Besides you can also schedule and manage your recordings in DVR remotely using DISH Anywhere app. DISH Anywhere service is included with every DISH subscription at no additional charge.
2. Whole-Home HD DVR Functionality – The Hopper™ lets you enjoy full HD DVR functionality on every TV you have. Which means you can pause, rewind and record live TV in anywhere in your home. Plus, seamless connectivity means that you can access your whole DVR library on all TVs. So record a movie in the living room, start watching it in the bedroom and then finish in the kitchen.
3. Hopper Transfers™ – This is an innovative new feature of Hopper which allows you to watch your favorite shows while traveling without any internet access. With the free Hopper Transfers app simply transfer your DVR recordings to your iPad before leaving the house and then enjoy your favorite content on the go. Be it a long flight or a long road trip with the kids, you will never get depleted of entertaining TV content even without any internet access.
4. AutoHop™ – Who want commercial breaks during TV shows? No one really! Considering this, DISH introduced commercial-free TV so you can save an hour each night! With AutoHop feature of Hopper now you can instantly skip commercials in recorded primetime TV on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC. Thus only DISH gives you ad free TV with AutoHop™ on the Hopper™.
5. PrimeTime Anytime™ – One of the most amazing features of Hopper is its ability to record 6 different shows at the same time during primetime. Which means over three hours of on-demand ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC primetime telecast availability for up to 8 days from initial air date.
All these and many more features of Hopper are available at a very reasonable price – packages starting at $24.99 (for 12 months with 24 month commitment). Furthermore you get the Hopper™ free when you sign up for DISH. Learn more about the Hopper