In an earlier post I described Dr.Web method to hack Symbian phones. However that method requires a computer to work and is not working in Symbian Belle, so here are three other similar hacking methods (to hack Symbian S60v3, S60v5, S^3, Anna and Belle phones) that require no PC connectivity. Try, which one works for you –
1. Symbian hacking with Norton Anti Virus app –
Download Norton Antivirus app from here and install in your phone.
Launch the app and go to “Options/Antivirus/Quarantine list”. Now restore all the three files one by one via “Options/Restore”. Confirm the action and wait for the process to complete (Quarantine will become empty when the process completes). Exit Norton app and uninstall it.
Now download and install ROM Patcher+ in your phone from here. Launch it and go to “Options/All patches” select “Apply” and done.
2. Trend-Micro Mobile Security method to hack Symbian phones –
Download this file (archive) and extract to C drive (phone memory) of phone using X-plore (or any other file manager like FExplorer or via computer). After extraction, there should be a folder named “tmquarantine” in C drive.
Now download Trend Micro Mobile Security app from here and install it in the phone.
Launch the app from menu and go to “Options/Quarantine list”. There will be three files in the Quarantine, restore all of them via “Options/Restore”, exit the app and uninstall it.
Now download and install ROM Patcher plus in the phone (from the link given in the first hack above).
Launch ROM Patcher and go to “Options/All patches” and select “Apply”. Exit ROM Patcher and done….enjoy installing any unsigned crap….
1. In all such hacks, Antivirus/security app is used just to place the three .ldd files (ROM Patcher driver files) inside C:/sys/bin folder (refer to this post for more details on the mechanism of such hacks). Rest of the work is handled by ROM Patcher. So uninstall the security app (but not ROM Patcher) after the process is complete. You may also enable any or all patches in ROM Patcher permanently via “Options/Add to auto” this will automatically enable patches at phone’s restart).
2. If the installserver patch does not work for you (Symbian Belle users refer to this post), or if red cross appears in ROM Patcher on applying the patch) then download this file (contains hacked installservers for all Symbian S60 versions) and extract the contents, now select and copy the correct “installserver.exe” (according to your phone) and paste in phone’s C:/sys/bin folder (use X-plore to do this – refer to this post if you don’t know how to use X-plore). Restart the phone and done.
3. Hard reset or formatting of phone will un-hack it and you will have to repeat any of the above process to hack it again. Credit to these hacks goes to Marco Bellino (ll.socio), CODeRUS and some other modders. Thank you guys for making our life easier!
I have successfully tested Norton and Trend Micro method to hack my N8 (Anna)