What is Nokia Care Suite?
Like Phoenix Service Software, Nokia Care Suite is another official Nokia service software (for Windows PC) to solve firmware related issues of Nokia mobiles. NCS is a very useful multi-utility application from Nokia originally meant to be used at Nokia service centers. But thanks to internet it is now available for everyone and not just Nokia technical personnel. As is the case with any service/flashing software (Phoenix, JAF etc), you must be well versed in using Nokia Care Suite before doing anything with your mobile. Such softwares are not intended to be used by average mobile user without any prior knowledge of flashing. So if you are going to use Nokia Care Suite first time, better go through a good tutorial multiple times before actually jumping into action. I am saying this because a simple mistake may brick your mobile for good, so do not blame me if something goes wrong due to any reason.
What are the uses of Nokia Care Suite?
Nokia Care Suite –
1. Can download stock firmware (official ROM or OS software) files for almost all Nokia phones (Update Jan. 2017 – NCS or any other similar software can not download Nokia stock ROMs now as Microsoft has shut down Nokia servers).
2. Shows detailed info about the connected phone (Software version, IMEI, hardware info, product code, MCU version, production code and serial number, Bluetooth and MAC address, APE variant, network band details etc)
3. Test the connected phone’s various parameters (ambient light sensor, display, vibration, audio, keyboard etc)
4. Refurbish (flash/re-install/update the firmware) any supported Nokia phone
5. Perform software reset on a supported Nokia phone
6. Change language package of a Nokia phone
7. Recover a dead Nokia phone (if dead due to firmware corruption/system file deletion and not due to hardware issues). It is similar to “Dead phone USB flashing” mode of Phoenix/JAF
Download and Install Nokia Care Suite
- Nokia Care Suite can be installed in a Windows (Windows 7 or later) computer only – no Mac support
- Download Nokia Care Suite (currently version 5.51.4.x/2012 about 150 MB) from here and run the setup
- It may ask to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/2010 (if you don’t have these already installed) with a link given in the dialog box. Do not press OK, instead copy the link provided and paste it in any web browser (Firefox, Chrome or whichever you use) and press “Enter” at keyboard. This will start the download of VC++ setup. When downloaded, install it and run the Nokia Care Suite setup again and it should finish successfully now.
After installation is complete you can check for the latest version from within the app. Just launch it (right click the Nokia Care Suite icon at desktop and click “Run as Administrator”) and then click “Updates” at the main interface. It will check for any available update (connection to internet required) and notify you to install the new version.
How to use Nokia Care Suite?
You may refer to following posts where I have described the use of Nokia Care Suite in various scenarios
Using NCS to flash/reset/update Nokia phones
Using NCS in “Dead phone USB flashing” mode to reset Nokia phone’s security code