Independent Symbian developers have created some wonderful mods/patches to extend phone’s capabilities to the limits. Considering the fact that Symbian is destined to die soon, some die-hard Symbian devs are still busy to keep the modding scene alive. There are countless number of Symbian mods, some very useful, some for fun while many are almost trivial. Here is a collection of some popular and useful mods (cooked in a single installation sis file) for Symbian Belle Refresh phones. Popularly called as Power Patch or multi-mod, this installation contains following mods –
1. Kinetic scrolling – means smooth gravity free scrolling across all menus i.e. slightest scroll-start will automatically continue to scroll (at the speed it started) until you stop it or it reaches at the end/start of list/page.
2. Enable custom theme effects (forces theme effects to load from E rather than Z drive) – which means that now you can also add custom effects (there are many of them available free out there) to any theme.
3. Send sis/jar or any other protected system file via Bluetooth removing the “unable to send protected objects” warning
4. Joshlog patch – this mod allows you to change the network signal, battery and connectivity icons by editing avkon.mif file
5. Tactile feedback – this mod enables vibration alert at making or disconnecting phone calls
6. Mod to edit/rename all profiles including the preset “General” one
7. Mod to set the browser cache to E drive (rather than C drive) to save phone memory
Note – You must be running the official Nokia Belle Refresh software in your phone (Nokia 500, N8, C7, E7, X7, E6, C6-01) and no custom firmware (because these mods might be inbuilt into custom firmware). Also the phone must be hacked to install the patch file – if it is not then refer to this post to hack any Belle Refresh phone in minutes.
Download Power Patch for Belle Refresh sis file from here and install in your phone
After installation is complete go to menu and scroll down to find the just installed MiniCMD app. Just launch MiniCMD and it will take care of the rest. Wait until all the mods are installed and finally the phone restart prompt appears (many notifications will popup during the process and it may take few minutes). Now restart the phone and enjoy all new features….