After getting a new phone we have quite a few tasks to perform especially if the new phone is replacing our primary device. Transferring media (songs, videos etc) is very easy these days thanks to widespread compatibility of popular media formats across platforms. The difficult part is transfer of contacts, messages, notes and other phone specific data. There are many tricky methods to copy such data depending upon the mobile OS involved. Most of such methods are time consuming and difficult for an average mobile user. In this post I will describe the easiest and almost universal (applicable for all popular mobile OSes – Android, iOS, Java and Symbian) method to perform the phone-to-phone data transfer.
All you need is a simple mobile-data transfer software, a Windows PC, both the phones (which may be both Android, iPhone or Symbian or a combination of any of these) and their connecting data cables, rest of the process is a breeze –
1. Download the data-transfer software from here and install in your Windows computer – internet connection is required as the installer will download the package. When the installation completes do not run the software, first disconnect the computer from internet as it will authenticate the installation online
2. Now connect both the phones to computer via USB data cable and wait for a while (if you have connected the phone(s) first time with PC then let the computer install device drivers). Preferably select PC Suite mode/connection if the phone asks for the connection type.
3. Now run the software in computer and register with the email and key provided in the zip file. After registration is complete, the software will detect and show both your phones at the main screen. MobileTrans might ask for some actions like installation of MobileGo app in the phone or to enable “USB debugging” option in Android phones etc just follow the instructions as asked
4. After successful detection of both the phones and getting other settings done, MobileTrans will show some or all transfer options applicable for the two devices. Before moving further, make sure that the source phone is at the left side and destination phone is at the right, if it is not the case then just click the flip button to swap the position of phones for example (as shown in the screenshot) we are transferring data from Nokia N8 (Symbian) to LG Optimus G (E-975) thus N8 (source) is at left side while Optimus G (destination) is at right.
5. Now select the option(s) you want (Contacts, Text Messages, Call logs, Apps, Photos, Music and Videos) and click “Start Copy” button, let the process finish (it will take some time so be patient). When done, disconnect the phone and wonder how easy it was!
Note – If your phone is not detected by the software then download and install device drivers from here and repeat the process again….good luck
The mobile-data transfer software is compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP only
All Symbian S60 and S40 phones, Android 2.1 and later devices, iOS 5 and later (iPhone and iPad) are supported
Wondershare MobileTrans is available for US $39.99 at the official site and its worth every penny, please buy if you like it to support further development of this wonderful software.